Tuesday 21 August 2012

Art Set iPad App

This is actually one of my own pins on Pinterest. Art Set is my favourite creative iPad App.


This a video review of the app which gives a pretty realistic review... it does have some limitations but I personally haven't found these to be too much of an issue.

I love painting and drawing, and I really like that this app gives a fairly realistic paint effect...
I enjoy the creative process and see this as portabale therapeutic activity, which requires pretty much no preparation or clean up and I can store all my artwork without the need to clear out a cupboard! Bonus!

So I know the way I use this app and it features almost daily in my life. I wanted to see whether anyone else enjoys this as much as I do...

My 3 children all like to draw and paint on Art Set and my youngest had been using it to help him practice his handwriting skills, both tracing with his finger and using the stylus and I have been seeing good improvements in his handwriting.

My older two just like to create!

The last few days my eldest son who is 11 has been creating all kinds of images and has really enjoyed just sitting and creating... I asked him why he liked it so much and he described enjoyment of creating something, having a finished product, feeling calm and losing time. Sounds to me like experiences of flow!


Flow

Flow is a term which describes how an individual can become immersed in an occupation and can experience feelings of happiness, satisfaction and concentration (Wilcock, et al, 1998).  
Flow has been associated with wellbeing because it encourages development of a skill and feelings of satisfaction about ones accomplishment, the experience of flow has also been linked to feelings of self esteem and self-worth (Reynolds & Prior, 2006).  



What I like about Art Set is that it is easy to use, it can be done with your finger or stylus, there is a variety of mediums to choose from and can be used for any age.

I also use Art set when creating my Comic OT Reflections http://comicotreflections.blogspot.co.uk/






















Reynolds, F. Prior, S (2006). Creative Adventures and Flow in Art-Making: a Qualitative Study of Women Living with Cancer. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 69(6), pp. 255-261

·         Wilcock, A. A. Van Der Arend, H. Darling, K.  Scholz, J. Siddall, R. Snigg, C (1998). An exploratory study of People’s Perceptions and Experiences of Wellbeing. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 61(2), PP. 75-82.


No comments:

Post a Comment